This two-day course focuses on how to optimally train marksmanship at speed with a pistol. This course is not about tactics, although tactical application of all techniques taught will be discussed, but instead is about skill with the firearm. Your skill at shooting drives your tactics, and the ability to make a shot with precision, rapidly, and under pressure, is of paramount importance. Our goal is for every student to finish this class with a deeper understanding of how to construct their personal training in order to improve as efficiently as possible.
Ammo available if purchased 2 weeks or more prior to class date.
- Fundamental principles of marksmanship at speed
- Efficiency and consistency of weapons manipulation at speed
- Movement principles for application of shooting technique
- Technical efficiency and individual optimization of technique
- Isolation of skills and training methodology for improvement
- Technical experimentation in training
- Complex drills for training skills in aggregate
- Maximizing performance under pressure
- Creating a feedback loop for maximizing efficiency of training
- Good health and a fitness level sufficient for strenuous physical activity. All our classes incorporate vigorous athletic movement.
- All our classes require safe weapons handling at an unconsciously competent level of skill. This includes drawing from a holster, reholstering, reloads, and weapons safety during dynamic movement and under physical and mental stress. Flagrant or negligent unsafe actions will result in removal from a class without refund.
- Serviceable pistol of 9mm or larger caliber, minimum 3 magazines (6 for single stack guns), belt, holster and at a minimum two mag pouches capable of retaining weapon and magazines during strenuous movement. Minimum 1,000 rounds of ammunition, although more is recommended. Eye/ear protection for range. No Serpa holsters or soft nylon/leather holsters permitted in class.
Click here to register